How we collect information about you.
When you visit the Aquila website, use Aquila services, or use third-party services which use the Aquila application programming interface ("API"), we collect information sent to us through your computer, mobile phone, or other access device. This information may include your IP address, device information including, but not limited to, identifier, device name and type, operating system, location, mobile network information and standard web log information, such as your browser type, traffic to and from our site and the pages you accessed on our website. You must be at least 18 years old, or of the applicable age of majority, in order to use Aquila services. Aquila does not intentionally collect information from or about any individual who is under 13 years old. If you create an account or use Aquila services, we, or vendors acting on our behalf, may collect the following types of information:
- Contact information - your name, address, phone, email, Skype ID and other similar information.
- Financial information - the information regarding an account with any financial institution or external blockchain address that you link to your Aquila account or input when you use paid Aquila services.
How we protect and store personal information
Throughout this policy, we use the term “personal information” to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user. We store and process your personal and transactional information, including certain payment information, such as your encrypted bank account and/or routing numbers, on our computers in the US and elsewhere in the world where Aquila facilities or our service providers are located, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable US federal and state regulations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, and we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files. Furthermore, we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities. We store our customers' personal information securely throughout the life of the customer's Aquila Account. Aquila typically retains such customer records for a period of five years following cancellation of the associated Aquila Account.
How we use the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- Provide Aquila services and customer support you request;
- Process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and/or violations of our posted Terms of Service or Prohibited Business policies;
- Customize, measure, and improve Aquila services and the content and layout of our website and applications;
- Deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize Aquila services, content and advertising. How personal information is shared with other Aquila users To process your payments, we may share some of your personal information with the person or company to which you transfer or from which you receive gold or blockchain assets. Your contact information, date of sign-up, and the number of payments you have received from verified Aquila users or sellers may be provided to other Aquila users or sellers with whom you transact through Aquila . In addition, this and other information you disclose to Aquila may be shared with third parties who may provide, upon your authorization, ancillary services which access your Aquila Account. Unless you have agreed to it, these third parties are not allowed to use this information for any purpose other than to facilitate your transactions using Aquila services.
How we share personal information with other parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, and technology services. Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Financial institutions with which we partner.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when:
- We are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure; or
- We believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
Aquila will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes and only shares your personal information with third parties as described in this policy. If you establish a Aquila account indirectly on a third party website or via a third party application, any information that you enter on that website or application (and not directly on a Aquila website) will be shared with the owner of the third party website or application, and your information may be subject to their privacy policies. We will notify you of material changes to this policy by updating the last updated date at the top of this page. We recommend that you visit this page frequently to check for changes.
How you can access or change your personal information
How you can contact us about privacy questions
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should contact us on our support page or by writing to us at Aquila Services, Inc. 660 4th Street, #214, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA.